What is consultancy?
No, really? Consultancy is one of those words that can mean many different things. Here’s what we think it means in an agile context.
- Consultancy is about bringing external knowledge into an organisation to help it solve its problems.
- Consultancy is about evaluating the current situation and making recommendations for improvements.
- Consultancy is about supporting and guiding the changes that have been identified, often in the face of internal scepticism, resistance and intertia.
- Consultancy is sometimes about doing what needs to be done to get the job done, whilst making sure that the consultant won’t have to do the job forevermore.
We’ve been providing consultancy to organisations large and small for years, facilitating agile and digital transformations for the likes of 10 Downing Street, HMRC, The BBC Trust, Lloyds Banking Group, Bristol European Green Capital and numerous smaller public and third sector organisations.
The sorts of consultancy we now offer include:
- Independent, external evaluations of current situations, especially in digital and software development environments, with recommendations and roadmaps for change
- Leading digital transformation projects, whether within a small department or across an entire organisation
- Scoping and leading agile adoptions, identifying whether the environment is right for a successful agile adoption, and if not, what would need to be done to create a more fertile environment
If you’re interested in any of the above, it would be great to have more of a chat.